WELCOME TO MY CORNER OF THE WORLD!
Everyone loves a fairytale with a happy ending, and most females are looking for their prince.
This blog is fit for a Princess, Divas and feminine Girly Girls! It is all about true romance,
frilly things, romantic music, thoughts and reflections, recipes fit for royalty, musings,
and so much more... I truly hope you will be blessed by the things I share. I desire for
us to grow together in this life journey. Donsie's Dialogs is straight from my heart to yours.
Hugs, Donna/Donsie



All Divas love to be Pampered! I hope this blog becomes your Spa of refreshing,
A Retreat from all the hustle,bustle, busyness and craziness of the world .. and a
Sanctuary where you can find Peace and Renewing of Spirit.




Quoteable Quotes: Decorate Yourself From the Inside Out ~ Andrei Turnhollow

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

DADDY'S LITTLE GIRL MY FIRST LOVE!




























HOW GOD MADE LITTLE GIRLS

A speck of frills with a pinch of pink,
He mixed these in with a love for dance.


And heaps of laughter, some beauty perchance.
He added oodles more of joy and grace.

Then He put some dimples in just the right places.
As a final touch, He included a curl.

And with that He smiled, for He created a girl.
Author Unknown







Dad with me at Peach Lake
                                     
                                 













DADDY SANG TO ME ON THE RADIO!

One of the fondest memories I have of my Father, still touches my heart to a great degree. My Mother and I would listen to the radio quite a bit. One of the songs that would play was “Daddy’s Little Girl”. Although my Father loved to sing, he had a voice like a frog, hahahaha.. so my Mother let me think it was my Father singing to me. It became my favorite song. Dad would come home and I would jump into his arms and tell him I heard him singing to me “today” on the radio!! He of course, did not want to spoil the fun, so he let me think he indeed was the one singing to me. I believed this for years LOL!! Whenever I would hear that song, it made me feel so special and loved.


Daddy and Me at Catskill Game Farm
                                                  

This was the song I picked for the Father/daughter dance on my first wedding to Fred. I could not stop crying and neither could my Father. It was our special song.  The words to this song are further down on this blog.

I loved my Daddy more than words can say.. even though my Father is now with the Lord for many years, I still cannot hear this song without great emotion. I will always in my heart be my “Daddy’s Little Girl”, and so will my sister Gwen.

I am so grateful for the family God placed me. 



With Dad at Santa Land
                                       
                                    
On Daddy's Lap at Christmas
                     
















MY TRIBUTE TO MY FATHER:

You have been such a blessing in my life Dad. You were my first love, and you captured my heart the first time you called me "Stinky pants, Chipmunk, skinny balink" and when you sang Daddy's little girl to me (I thought) and so much more.   Thank you for your consistent love and caring. I never remember going without. I saw you go to work each day, never complaining and always leaving whatever problems you experienced at the door before coming home. What an example you have been to me in life. I won’t forget your sacrifices and how you taught me that the greatest things in life are not wealth, or fame, but but walking in integrity, contentment and peace. Your selfless giving to Mom, Gwen and myself, and setting the example of caring and honor is a testimony to me of a man preferring his family in love over himself. I will hold our special times together always in my heart, and I know that you will live on in me and in my children. I look forward to seeing you again someday soon in heaven. I will always and forever be your little “chipmunk”!

Love, Donna

You are the most excellent of men Psalm 45:2


Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and my Valentine all wrapped up in one person!

I love you card made just for Dad

With Dad and Gwen on way to Peach Lake


Dad in the
Middle of picture.. my Jr. Prom
What a clown he was!

Dad and Me at Gwen's swim club

With Dad and Mom at cousin Christine's wedding

                                               




Dad pinning
on my
United Airline
Stewardess wings
at the ceremony
 in Chicago


Poor Dad, I was always talking on my Princess Phone!













My favorite picture on Daddy's lap at bf Connie's Wedding
Mom in picture too!

Dad with Muffin on his lap..
Muffin was a puppy in picture










DADDY’S LITTLE GIRL

You're the end of the rainbow, my pot of gold,
You're daddy's little girl to have and hold.
A precious gem is what you are,
You're mommy's bright and shining star.
You're the spirit of Christmas, my star on the tree,
You're the Easter bunny to mommy and me.
You're sugar you're spice, you're everything nice,
And you're daddy's little girl.
You're the end of the rainbow, my pot of gold,
You're daddy's little girl to have and hold.
A precious gem is what you are,
You're mommy's bright and shining star.
You're the treasure I cherish so sparkling and bright,
You were touched by the holy and beautiful light.
Like angels that sing a heavenly thing,
And you're daddy's little girl.


~ Daddy's Little Girl ~ another version
You're the end of the rainbow, my pot of gold,
You're daddy's little girl to have and hold.
A precious gem is what you are,
A ray of hope, a shining star.

You're the brightest of the sunshine
Morning's first light
You warm my day, you brighten my night
You're sugar you're spice, you're everything nice,
And you're daddy's little girl.

By Bobby Burke and Horace Gerlach, 1949

to hear this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7G06tGlm7E











Dad with me at Copa Cabana when I was in Miss Universe Pageant


My Wedding Day to Fred

Spoiled with LOVE!


 
©DADDY’S LITTLE GIRL 6/1/11

No comments:

Post a Comment